First Post: Learning to Code

I've always enjoyed problem solving, and coding has always been a great outlet for that. A couple of months back I made the move from QA to development in the company I work for. While I did study Computer Science at university this move still required me to sharpen my coding abilities and learn several languages and tools that I'd not had much experience with in the past. In my new role I'm working on the installer for our flagship product, which involves working with wix and coding in C++, both of which are relatively new to me.

So, that's probably enough of an intro as to where I'm at in my career, the next question is: why make this blog? Well, my reasons are self-serving. I want to use this blog as a tool to facilitate my own learning. It will allow me to put what I've learnt into my own words - something I've always found useful when learning something new. I'll likely focus most of my attention; at least initially, on my learning of C++, but there's likely to be a sprinkling of other languages and tools thrown in along the way.

I work full-time and have various other commitments, so my plan is to keep posts relatively short and snappy, writing up in short about whatever new thing I've learnt on a given day or week. Finally, although this blog is intended for my own learning hopefully some of the content will find its way to being useful to someone somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Err.exe: A Tool for Error Code Lookup

RAII: Resource Acquisition is Initialisation